Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Dubrovnik

I have just spent the last 4 days in Dubrovnik. I love the old roofs, the stone walls and the marble paved roads but the crowds of visitors make it difficult to get around. I know that I'm a tourist too, and I'm part of the problem , but I don't know how the locals stand it. 


You can tell the tourists because they are dressed in shorts and singlet tops, they take photos inside the churches, they take photos of people's washing hanging up in the streets and pictures of vegetables. They put their bus ticket in the slot the wrong way round which annoys the driver. They must buy the horrible tourist 'tat' otherwise the shops wouldn't sell it, would they?
Dolls in National costumes
Candles and fridge magnets


The monastery, a tranquil courtyard away from the hordes.
Stair rail in the Rector's Palace
 
Washing hanging in Trogir
Fruit stall in Zagreb

No comments:

Post a Comment